University of Applied Sciences for Police and Public Administration in North Rhine-Westphalia
Approximately 12.000 students are trained at HSPV NRW to become public servants, at the biggest of Germany's around 30 universities of applied sciences for Public Administration.
All three-year bachelor programmes are “dual-track” programmes divided up into stages that cover theory and practice and dovetail with each other. Hands-on training ensures that recruits can be assigned to their first job immediately after graduating.
HSPV NRW's administrative head office is located in Gelsenkirchen in the heart of the “Ruhrgebiet” urban area. The college has de-centralised premises in Aachen, Cologne, Duisburg, Gelsenkirchen, Dortmund, Hagen, Herne, Bielefeld, Mülheim and Muenster.
HSPV NRW offers six degree courses in two faculties:
Roughly 60 % of the students are trained to be future policemen and –women in North Rhine-Westphalia.
General Public Administration (LL.B., B.A., MPM)
The student's future employment is situated in local communities (like the urban administration of the city of Cologne) or the regional government of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Bachelor of Arts/B.A. programme, ‘Police’
- Bachelor of Laws/LL.B. programme, ‘Public Service (General)’
- Bachelor of Laws/LL.B. programme, ‘Public Administration (Local Government)’
- Bachelor of Arts/B.A. programme, ‘Public Sector (Local Government) Business Administration’
- Bachelor of Laws/LL.B. programme, ‘Statutory Pensions Administration’
- Bachelor of Arts/B.A. programme, ‘Administrative Informatics’
- Master Programme, ‘Master of Public Management’ MPM
Information for guest students
Are you interested in studying at HSPV NRW? We are taking part in EU's ERASMUS+ programme and offer an up to twelve months study in Cologne, provided that your home university has an ERASMUS+ partnership agreement with us and that you are speaking german fluently.
For further information please contact the International Office and see the course catalogue for guest students.